Lettuce Wraps Recipe By Healthy Food Fusion
I don’t have access to external sources such as “Healthy Food Fusion,” so I can’t provide you with their specific recipe. However, I can certainly help you create a general lettuce wraps recipe that incorporates healthy and delicious ingredients. Here’s a basic lettuce wraps recipe for you:
Healthy Chicken Lettuce Wraps
- 1 pound ground chicken or turkey
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2-3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1 carrot, grated
- 1 zucchini, diced
- 1/4 cup hoisin sauce
- 2 tablespoons low-sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon grated fresh ginger
- 2 green onions, chopped
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Iceberg or butter lettuce leaves, washed and dried
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add chopped onion and garlic and sauté for a few minutes until fragrant.
- Add ground chicken or turkey to the skillet and cook until browned and cooked through, breaking it up with a spoon as it cooks.
- Add diced red bell pepper, grated carrot, and diced zucchini to the skillet. Cook for a few more minutes until the vegetables start to soften.
- In a small bowl, whisk together hoisin sauce, low-sodium soy sauce, rice vinegar, sesame oil, and grated ginger. Pour the sauce over the cooked chicken and vegetables. Stir well to combine and let it simmer for a couple of minutes.
- Add chopped green onions to the mixture, reserving some for garnish. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Carefully separate and wash the lettuce leaves. Pat them dry with paper towels.
- To serve, spoon the chicken and vegetable mixture onto the lettuce leaves. Garnish with additional chopped green onions.
- Roll up the lettuce leaves to create wraps and enjoy!
Feel free to customize the recipe by adding your favorite vegetables or using different protein sources. This recipe is just a starting point, and you can adjust the flavors and ingredients according to your preferences.