Crispy Chilli Potato Restaurant Style
Certainly! Here’s a recipe for making crispy chili potato in a restaurant-style:
Crispy Chili Potato (Restaurant Style):
For Frying the Potatoes:
- 3 large potatoes, cut into thin matchsticks or strips
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- Salt, to taste
- Oil, for deep frying
For Chili Sauce:
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 4-5 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 small onion, thinly sliced
- 1-2 green chilies, sliced (adjust to taste)
- 1 small bell pepper (capsicum), thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons tomato ketchup
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon chili sauce (adjust to taste)
- 1 teaspoon vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Spring onions, chopped
- Sesame seeds (optional)
- Start by frying the potatoes:
- Toss the potato matchsticks with cornstarch and a pinch of salt until they are well coated.
- Heat oil in a deep frying pan or wok. Once the oil is hot, carefully add the coated potato strips in batches and fry until they turn golden brown and crispy. Remove them with a slotted spoon and drain on paper towels. Set aside.
- Prepare the chili sauce:
- In a separate pan or wok, heat 2 tablespoons of oil over medium-high heat.
- Add minced garlic and sauté for a minute until fragrant.
- Add sliced onions and green chilies, and sauté until onions are translucent.
- Add sliced bell pepper and sauté for another couple of minutes until the bell pepper starts to soften.
- Add tomato ketchup, soy sauce, chili sauce, vinegar, sugar, salt, and pepper. Mix well to combine the sauces.
- Add the fried potato strips to the chili sauce. Gently toss to coat the potatoes with the sauce. Cook for a few more minutes until the potatoes are well coated and the sauce thickens slightly.
- Taste and adjust the seasoning if needed.
- Once the potatoes are coated and the sauce has thickened, remove from heat.
- Garnish the crispy chili potatoes with chopped spring onions and sesame seeds, if using.
- Serve the crispy chili potatoes hot as an appetizer or a snack.
Enjoy your delicious homemade crispy chili potato dish, reminiscent of restaurant-style flavors! You can adjust the level of spiciness by altering the amount of chili sauce and green chilies according to your taste preference.