Chicken Fried Rice Restaurant Style
Sure, here’s a recipe for making restaurant-style chicken fried rice:
Restaurant-Style Chicken Fried Rice:
- 2 cups cooked jasmine rice, cooled (preferably day-old rice)
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, diced
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup mixed vegetables (peas, carrots, corn, and diced bell peppers)
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon oyster sauce
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1/2 teaspoon white pepper
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil, divided
- Green onions, chopped, for garnish
- Salt, to taste.
- Heat a large skillet or wok over medium-high heat. Add 1 tablespoon of vegetable oil. Once hot, add the diced chicken and cook until no longer pink. Remove the cooked chicken from the skillet and set it aside.
- In the same skillet, add another tablespoon of vegetable oil. Add the beaten eggs and scramble them until they’re cooked but still slightly moist. Remove the scrambled eggs from the skillet and set them aside with the cooked chicken.
- Add the remaining tablespoon of vegetable oil to the skillet. Add the chopped onion and sauté until translucent. Add the minced garlic and sauté for another 30 seconds.
- Add the mixed vegetables to the skillet and stir-fry until they’re slightly tender.
- Push the vegetables to one side of the skillet and add the cooled cooked rice to the other side. Break up any clumps of rice with a spatula and let it cook for a few minutes to get slightly crispy.
- Combine the rice and vegetables in the skillet. Add soy sauce, oyster sauce, and sesame oil. Mix well to evenly distribute the sauces.
- Add the cooked chicken and scrambled eggs back to the skillet. Sprinkle white pepper over the mixture and stir-fry for a few more minutes until everything is heated through.
- Taste and adjust the seasoning with salt if needed. Keep in mind that soy sauce and oyster sauce are already salty.
- Once the fried rice is heated through and well mixed, remove the skillet from heat.
- Garnish with chopped green onions.
- Serve the restaurant-style chicken fried rice hot as a main course or as a side dish.
Remember, the key to great fried rice is using cold, day-old rice and high heat for quick cooking. You can also customize this recipe by adding other ingredients like chopped shrimp, diced ham, or additional vegetables based on your preferences.